This message has been approved by Kyle Clark, Vice President for Finance & Administration.
Florida State University is pleased to expand eligibility for the COVID-19 vaccination to Florida State University faculty, staff, current students and extended FSU family. All students are eligible for the vaccine while they are studying with Florida State University, regardless of residency.
Per the Governor’s latest communications, we may now vaccinate all Floridians with any COVID-19 vaccine as prescribed by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). At this time, the University is administering the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine which is approved for use in individuals 16 years of age and older. Please note, minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian in order to receive the vaccine.
In an effort to serve our community as efficiently as possible, we have partnered with a trusted third-party vaccine management provider, CDR Maguire. Our new partner has processed over one million vaccinations through their state-of-the-art vaccine management solution. There are over 90 sites in the state of Florida currently using this solution. We are enthusiastic about working with them on our site.
The next clinic for the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccination will be held on April 28th from 8:30 am to 11:30 am! You will find more information on how to create an account and register for your vaccines on our website.
- Compromised immune system (such as cancer or if you take certain immunosuppressive medications)
- If you have been given any other vaccine two weeks before getting the COVID-19 vaccine. You should also not have any other vaccine until more than two weeks after receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- History of severe COVID-19 illness and you were treated with COVID-19 antibodies within the past three months.
- Currently, have a moderate or severe illness.
- Recently been diagnosed with COVID-19 and have not yet recovered and been cleared from isolation.
- Under quarantine as a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
- If you have a history of allergic reactions, you may still receive the COVID-19 vaccine as long as the allergy was not to a vaccine component. Clinical staff will monitor you after the vaccination for your safety.
For vaccination registration assistance, please call (844) 770-8548 or send an email to email@example.com.