This message to all faculty and staff has been approved by Kyle Clark, Vice President for Finance & Administration.
Florida State University continues to offer vaccinations to those who are 65 and older and those who are frontline health care workers. In partnership with Tallahassee Memorial Hospital and the Leon County Health Department, we are pleased to expand eligibility for COVID-19 vaccination to Florida State University employees who are medically vulnerable on an extremely limited basis. In the coming weeks, FSU employees who meet the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) definition of “extremely vulnerable” will also be eligible to register for vaccination appointments through the University.
The CDC defines extreme medical vulnerability as:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma.
- People who have serious heart conditions.
- People who are immunocompromised including cancer treatment.
- People of any age with severe obesity (BMI >40) or certain underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, such as those with diabetes, renal failure, or liver disease might also be at risk.
- Chronic kidney disease
- Down Syndrome
- Sickle Cell disease
- People who have been classified clinically as extremely vulnerable based on clinical judgement and assessment by the clinician.
Individuals who meet the criteria defined by the CDC will need to provide certification from their clinician (MD, DO, PA, NP) attesting to their eligibility. A copy of the form may be found by visiting https://vaccine.fsu.edu/verificationform. The Medically Vulnerable Verification Form must be signed by the recipient’s medical provider and submitted, reviewed and approved before the vaccination appointment.
Individuals who have the opportunity and would like to vaccinate outside the University are encouraged to do so. We will communicate more information about the verification process and appointment registration in the coming days. Please continue to check your email regularly for updates.
For questions about vaccination, please contact HR-COVID19@fsu.edu.