This message to all students, faculty and staff has been approved by Dr. Sally McRorie, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
The Innovation Hub will reopen Tuesday, Aug 25!
After a day of training for our 30 new student staff members, The Hub will reopen Tuesday offering students, faculty, and staff access to the “coolest” technologies, inspiring educational resources, and opportunities to connect with others around innovative projects. This year, we have a few changes in policies, procedures, and offerings to keep you safe, healthy, and innovative! Check out all the changes at www.innovation.fsu.edu. In addition to enforcing all of Stay Healthy FSU safeguards for Fall 2020, important changes to note include the following:
- We’ve rolled out a new suite of online tutorials and workshops. Students can learn about 3D design 3D printing, VR, Graphics Design, and more. Complete tutorials to earn badges, earn enough badges and become an Innovation Scholar! Visit the Learn page on our website to get started.
- Access to the Innovation Hub space, equipment, and expert consulting will be through our new reservation system at our website.
- Students may reserve an individual workspace, at one of many workstations or in our lounge – as one student puts it: “It’s like working at Google!”
- Our partner departments and affiliated organizations may reserve socially-distanced classroom and meeting space for activities that require face-to-face interaction.
- 3D design and printing must now be completed using the web-based software on our website. We’ll review your design, provide corrections as needed, print your item, and you can pick it up at our front desk.
- Only items related to academic activities may be 3D printed. Faculty should consult with our experts on class projects.
- Graphics workstations, VR and AR headsets and Fablab equipment may be reserved for use on our website.
- Check out our Design Thinking classes: ENT 1611, Designing Your Life, and ENT3607 Innovation by Design to bring your creativity to life for the benefit of yourself and the world.
Check out our new updated website at www.innovation.fsu.edu, sign up for our email list, and visit us on social media to stay super-charged and connected to creativity and innovation at the FSU Innovation Hub!