This message to all students has been approved by Robert Fuselier, Director of the Office of Distance Learning.
The main campus Testing Center is now open and serving test takers with a limited roster of services for fall. Careful consideration has been given to operating during COVID-19’s uncertainties, and the health and safety of our students and staff have been the guiding factor. Please read the information below for updated procedures and exam offerings.
- Online Options. Many exams previously administered in the Testing Center are now available online, including the Florida Civic Literacy exam, Modern Language Placement exams, and the Accounting Competency exam.
- Operating Hours. We are open Monday to Friday from 8 am to 4 pm.
- Exam Registration. More information on the exams we offer, as well as how to register, can be found at fsu.edu/testing.
While many instructors will be using alternate assessment strategies in remote and online classes this fall, some may use Honorlock, a web-based service for proctoring online exams:
- Your instructor will provide information on proctored testing requirements for your course.
- If you’d like more information on Honorlock, visit fsu.edu/testing where you’ll find tips for getting started and some answers to frequently asked questions.
Because students will not return to campus after Thanksgiving break, all final exams will be administered remotely during the regularly-scheduled Fall 2020 final exam week. Please watch for announcements from your instructor for information on final exams in your courses.
The Testing Center is following all guidelines for a healthy campus environment as detailed in the FSU Fall 2020 Plan:
- Face Masks Required. Face coverings are required for all students, staff, visitors, and vendors while in the Testing Center and any adjacent indoor area. You must bring and wear a face covering in order to enter and test in the Testing Center.
- Six-Feet of Distance. Students will be registered and seated so that the minimum six-feet of physical distance is respected at all times while in the building.
- The Testing Center will be cleaned, sanitized, and disinfected according to CDC recommendations using EPA-registered cleaning agents. Hand sanitizer will also be available at check-in and checkout stations.
Whether you’re remote or in-person this semester, we’d like to extend a warm welcome to new and returning students. We wish you a safe, healthy, and successful fall at FSU. Please let us know if you have questions about testing in the main campus Testing Center. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call 850-644-3017, or visit distance.fsu.edu/testing.