This message to all students has been approved by Dr. Amy Hecht, Vice President, Division of Student Affairs.
Full vaccination against COVID-19 is the best, most effective way to protect yourselves and others from getting COVID-19 and preventing disruption of your studies, social activities, teaching, research or work. Florida State University continues to offer free COVID-19 vaccinations and will be hosting two mobile clinics this week at Strozier Library:
- Wednesday, September 8 from 1 – 4 p.m.
- Thursday, September 9 from 8:30 – 11:30 a.m.
Visit vaccine.fsu.edu for details and additional vaccination clinic dates.
This week, the first 50 FSU students, faculty or staff to get vaccinated will receive a $50 gift card good for merchandise at the FSU Bookstore and Seminole Sportshop. Plus, fully vaccinated students can register to win tuition and fee assistance or other valuable prizes through the Stay Healthy FSU: Your Shot to Win drawing. If you’re not fully vaccinated yet, this is the last week to start the vaccination series in order to be eligible for the chance prize drawing!
To sign up for your chance to win, simply submit your proof of complete vaccination against COVID-19 and you are eligible to win valuable prizes:
- 6 students will each win a package worth $3,500 of tuition and fee assistance
- 4 students will each win $150 in Dining Dollars for use at any Seminole Dining location
- 4 students will each win a $150 FSU Bookstore gift card
- 2 students will each win an Apple iPad Air 10.9 4th Generation valued at $549
- 1 student will win use of a luxury suite during a future FSU commencement ceremony of their choice at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center valued at $1,750
Any current student who receives both doses of a 2-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna) or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen) is eligible to participate.
Accepted forms of documentation include a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination card, Florida Shots record, or other state or international vaccination record. All documentation may be submitted as a photo, screenshot, or scanned copy and must be legible.
The deadline to enter is 11 p.m. Eastern time on Friday, October 1, 2021. On Friday, October 15, the University will hold a chance prize drawing for all fully vaccinated students who sign up to participate.
Please be reminded:
- Masks are expected to be worn on campus to help mitigate the spread of the coronavirus.
- Free COVID-19 testing is available at the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center. If you receive a positive test from another testing center, you should send the results to the FSU SAFER team at COVID19@fsu.edu.
- The FDA-approved Pfizer vaccine is free and available to all FSU students and employees. No appointment necessary! Visit vaccine.fsu.edu to learn more.
- Students should regularly monitor their FSU email for messages from the FSU SAFER team and promptly respond. SAFER will reach out from COVID19@fsu.edu and calls will come from 850-644-5555. Your cooperation is essential to effective contact tracing!
- Visit stayhealthy.fsu.edu for more on how to #StayHealthyFSU!
Stay Healthy and Go Noles!
Dr. Amy Hecht
Vice President for Student Affairs