This message has been approved by Gale Etschmaier, Dean of FSU Libraries, for distribution to faculty and staff.
FSU Libraries physical locations will be open beginning August 17, with hours and locations available here.
In order to provide the safest environment possible for our patrons and staff, we ask that all patrons adhere to the following guidelines when using the Libraries’ spaces:
- Maintain social distancing by staying at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people.
- Wear CDC-compliant cloth face coverings at all times.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- The libraries are individual study only. No group study sessions or meetings are allowed.
- Elevators are limited to three patrons at one time. One patron at a time is recommended.
- Keep as much distance from others as possible when using stairwells.
- Clean study areas before and after use. Sanitizing wipes are available in these areas.
- When using cleaning supplies, follow the precautions, application directions, and contact time according to instructions. This applies to: disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizers, disposable cleaning towels and hand soap.
- After cleaning and disinfection, properly dispose of any wipes or cleaning supplies.
- Do not eat food in the libraries.
- No moving of furniture.
For the duration of the fall semester:
- All instruction, consultations, events, and tutoring will take place online.
- Curbside delivery services will continue for pickup of print materials on-campus.
- Interlibrary Loan and UBorrow will continue accepting requests for articles and book chapters, but services (including electronic and print delivery) are dependent on the availability of collections at partner libraries across the world.
- Librarian departmental office hours will be handled online.
- Patron Donations will not be accepted until further notice. However, Special Collections & Archives, will work with potential donors on a case by case basis.
For the most up-to-date information on the Libraries services, visit https://www.lib.fsu.edu/news/covid-19.