This message has been approved by Renisha Gibbs, Associate Vice President for Human Resources and Finance & Administration Chief of Staff, for distribution to all Deans, Directors, and Department Heads.
Please share the following updated university travel guidance with employees in your department.
Employee international and domestic business-related travel remains restricted.
Personal Domestic Travel
Personal domestic travel is strongly discouraged but not prohibited.
- If employees choose to travel, they should review COVID-19 data at their anticipated destination in order to make an informed decision about their exposure risk.
- Domestic travel will no longer require a 14-day self-quarantine unless the employee presents COVID-19 related symptoms upon return from travel.
Personal International Travel
Personal international travel is strongly discouraged but not prohibited.
- Employees who travel internationally or on a cruise should not return to campus until they have been COVID-19 symptom free at their normal place of residence for 14 days.
- Notify your supervisor if you have:
- Experienced COVID-19 symptoms
- Travelled internationally
- Recently been on a cruise
- Supervisors can consult with HR regarding the 14-day quarantine period, if needed.
COVID-19 data by state and county can be found on the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website. This data is referenced for informational purposes and is not intended to substitute for medical advice or your personal responsibility to evaluate and limit your exposure risk.
Questions? Please contact HR-COVID19@fsu.edu.