In an effort to accommodate our residents and allow some flexibility in scheduling, we are allowing residents to select a move-out appointment, rather than assigning appointments.
Today you will receive an email link to schedule a move-out appointment. If you have already checked out of your residence hall or if you have contracted with the UPS Store to pack your room, you will not receive the link.
How to schedule your move-out appointment
- We are utilizing Sign Up Genius to schedule move-out appointments. You do not need to create a Sign Up Genius account to participate.
- You will receive a Sign Up Genius link specific to your building and floor. This link will be emailed to your FSU email account on Friday, May 15. Do not share that link with students who live elsewhere; it will not work for them.
- You can sign up for one appointment only. Appointments are available each day from 8 a.m. to Noon; or from 1 to 5 p.m. Each appointment is a maximum of four hours. You must complete your move-out during your appointment time.
- There are enough appointments per floor for all students.
- Specific days are available for each building depending on staffing. If you do not see a move-out appointment for a given date or time, it means Housing staff is not available that day. Please choose an appointment that is closest to your preference.
- We know that everyone is facing challenges right now. There will be weekday and weekend appointment options to accommodate everyone.
- You must use your FSU email (@my.fsu.edu) to schedule your move-out appointment. Sign Up Genius will not recognize or accept a non-FSU email address.
About the move-out process
- To allow for social distancing, only two students per floor will be allowed in each building at a time.
- Move-out appointments will begin in May and continue through July.
- While university staff will be sanitizing the buildings regularly through the move-out process, we will not be able to cover all areas after each individual move-out. You may wish to bring your own wipes and cleaning products to sanitize as well.
On your move-out day
- Arrive and complete your move-out within your assigned time.
- Bring up to two guests to help you move. You and your guests are required to bring and use your own masks and gloves.
- Bring your room key and remember to return it to the front desk when you are done.
- Do not bring anyone who has any virus symptoms. If you begin to have symptoms prior to your move-out day, contact us immediately to have your move-out rescheduled.
- Maintain social distancing – do not share elevators or other small spaces with anyone but your guests.
- As we continue to follow public health and safety guidelines, you may not stay overnight in the residence halls. If you are coming from a distance and need to spend the night, you will need to make accommodations off campus.
All of these steps are designed to prevent the spread of the coronavirus and ensure a safe and orderly move-out for you and the entire FSU community. We ask for your cooperation with these instructions and we thank you for your understanding as we work together during this unexpected and challenging time.
Finally, we are experiencing a high volume of calls and emails. We are replying as quickly as possible and we appreciate your patience.