This message to all faculty and staff has been approved by Jane Livingston, Associate Vice President and Chief Information Officer.
FSU has been sending out daily digests of updates related to our current remote learning and working environment. The digests include important information from departments and colleges all across the university and have been a go-to resource for keeping the FSU community informed of university operations while we operate remotely.
All colleges and departments are welcome to submit articles to appear in the digest. The digests go out nearly every weekday, one to students and one to employees. To get your message out, follow the instructions below.
How To Submit an Announcement
To submit an announcement to appear in the campus announcements daily digest:
- Sign in to the FSU Service Center with your FSUID and password: fsu.edu
- Select Create New Case
- Select the following items from the dropdown menus
- Case Type: Support Request
- Category: Faculty/Staff Services
- Specialty Type: Request an email to campus
- Detail: Skip this section
- Summary: Campus announcement daily digest
- Details: Provide the following information
- Date of desired distribution
- Target audience for the message (Students or Employees)
- Attach a Word document of the announcement, including a title and one-sentence summary
- Attach an approval email from an FSU vice president
- Attach image files as necessary
- Click Save My Case
How To Rerun an Announcement
Announcements can be rerun once a week for up to three weeks. To request a rerun, simply follow the steps above to submit a new case. In the case details, specify which weeks you would like the announcement to be rerun and attach a new approval statement from an FSU vice president.
NOTE: To prevent email overload, the campus announcements committee reserves the right to hold single articles until two or more announcements are scheduled to send to an audience and will limit total daily digest articles to no more than five per day.