This message to all students has been approved by Kyle Clark, Vice President for Finance and Administration.
Dear FSU Community,
Thank you for your patience and understanding as Florida State University diligently works to ensure the safety and well-being of the community. We strive to be attentive in addressing your concerns and questions as swiftly as possible, and we appreciate your continued patience and grace as we respond to this unprecedented event and work to continue the excellent learning experience you expect.
Florida State University will implement a Student Refund Plan for students who have paid or have been assessed housing and dining charges for the Spring 2020 semester and are no longer utilizing these services, with the following considerations:
- March 23, 2020 is considered the last service date for housing and meal plans.
- For University Housing residents, we will refund the respective spring semester rate per individual resident based on their number of unutilized bed nights and the specific rate for the residence hall in which they lived.
- For students on the Residential Dining Services All-Access Meal Plan, we will refund the respective spring semester rate per unused days and Flex Bucks. Block Meal Plans will be refunded based on the unused meal balance and Flex Bucks. Garnet Bucks will automatically roll over based on the Meal Plan Terms and Conditions.
- Refunds will be applied to students’ university accounts. Any university balance will be paid prior to the refund being disbursed.
- Acceptance of the refunds will constitute full resolution of the student’s residence hall and meal plan agreements.
We expect to electronically issue refunds the week of April 6. This will allow us time to calculate refund amounts and ensure all refunds are compliant with financial aid rules based on U.S. Department of Education and State of Florida guidance. During this time, we encourage students to verify their direct deposit profile in MyFSU.
Vice President for Finance and Administration