March is designated as National Women’s History Month, with the Florida State University Student Government Association (SGA) planning a number of events throughout the month. Events in celebration of Women’s History Month include:
- March 1 – The fourth annual Backstage Pass, which brings female alumni and friends to campus to visit the FSU Flying High Circus, along with breakfast and coffee discussions about the growth and future direction of Florida State as it relates to women.
- March 2 – Shaping Your Story, a Women Student Union Leadership Conference that includes sessions about women’s professional, political and personal growth.
- March 4 – Women on the Green, which is an opportunity for the FSU community to be exposed to women-centered student organizations.
- March 5 – Women Student Union presents The View – General Body Meeting, where female students are encouraged to speak their minds, find out how to get more involved and spend time with other female students.
- March 6 – Book Club: The Road to Lost Innocence, where participants will hear the story of Somaly Mam, a woman Time magazine named as one of 100 most influential people in the world.
Other events are scheduled throughout March. Click here to view a calendar of this year’s Women’s History Month events at FSU, including descriptions, times, locations and registration requirements.