This message to all faculty and staff has been approved by Dr. Sally McRorie, Provost and Executive Vice President for Academic Affairs.
In response to the COVID-19 emergency, the Office of Distance Learning (ODL) is offering training to faculty needing to deliver their face-to-face courses online. Topics include:
- Tools and resources for instructors who may be new to Canvas
- Using Zoom or Kaltura to offer classroom instruction via live or pre-recorded video
- Offering face-to-face courses online:
- Examples of course activities suitable for online instruction
- Alternative assessment strategies to replace face-to-face tests
How to Register
To help ensure the health and safety of faculty and staff, all training will be via webinars in Zoom. To register, click the link below that best meets your needs:
- Webinar session. From Canvas to Zoom, we’ll discuss resources for helping you deliver your courses online.
- One-on-one consultation. In this customized session, we can help you with questions you may have about getting started with remote instruction.
We’re also offering train-the-trainer sessions for Canvas support admins, instructional support staff, and faculty trainers. If you’re interested in learning how to help your colleagues during this transition, we encourage you to register for these sessions.
Please know that ODL is prepared and ready to continue providing support to the FSU community during this time. You can contact us at 850-644-4635, submit a ticket for technical support, visit our Emergency Online Instruction page, or register for training at odl.fsu.edu/training.